Since we’re in Ohio – we’re going to share tips that the ODNR folks gave us. However, you can visit your state’s DNR resources on our Hunting Regulations page.
- Get the landowner’s permission to hunt.
- Buy your annual hunting license and deer permit early.
- Make sure your gun is plugged, and not capable of holding more than three (3) shells.
- Make sure you meet hunter orange requirements.
- Know how to attach your temporary tag. Carry a piece of string, watch and pen or pencil.
- Know the rules for use of communication devices.
- Know your APV laws.
- Know the season dates, hours and Deer Zones.
- Follow proper check station procedures.
- Hunt safely!
- After hunting, check carefully for ticks and promptly remove them.
It’s time to get excited for Open Season 2014! Here's to a successful season and a freezer full of meat!
For more hunting info in Ohio, visit the ODNR website: ohiodnr.gov.